This was started on Tuesday November 29th and is being finished on December 1st. This is what happens with a long survey and a little baby (I almost spelled that babby. The internet is ruining me.). <-- Does that look weird to anyone else?
1.What is your current obsession ?
Baby clothes. It's ridiculous how cute they are. I can't leave Carter's without spending far too much money. I can leave any store without at least looking for something for Monkey.
2. What are you wearing today?
For now I'm wearing black leggings and my witty college dance shirt. For dinner I'm going to have to put on real clothes.
3. What’s for dinner?
It's my mother-in-law's birthday today so we're going to Red Lobster. I haven't been there since at least freshman year of high school (eight years ago, for those of you who were wondering). I have no idea what I'm going to get, but whatever it is will have to be eaten easily with one hand. Sadly, no crab legs.
4. What’s the last thing you bought?
Groceries. I wound up spending more than I meant to, but that's what happens when Hamburger Helper and Flipz are on sale.
5. What are you listening to right now?
Monkey making random, and slightly unhappy, noises. She still hasn't gotten over the fact that I can't hold her 24/7. Hopefully she'll learn soon.
6. What do you think about the person who tagged you?
Nobody tagged me, I just nabbed it from Katie from Loves of Life. I think she's pretty awesome. Super sweet and definitely a good mommy.
7. If you could have a house, totally paid for, fully furnished, anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
J would say Japan or Italy (even though he only speaks a little Japanese and neither of us speak Italian). I'd have to choose Seattle or just 30 minutes south of here, where my mom lives. If planes flew faster, I'd choose England or Spain, however right now I wouldn't be able to live that far from my family.
8. What are your must-have pieces for winter?
Originally this question said summer, but considering it's November 29th I figured I'd tweak it a little bit.
I HAVE to have huge, fluffy, warm boots. I don't care how ugly they are, I need them. I also need lots of scarves and a cute winter coat. Right now my winter coat is mustard yellow. Sadly, it's had a few buttons go MIA. I should probably fix that before too long.
9. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
Hmmm... One hour? I think a masseuse's sounds good right about now.
10. Which language do you want to learn?
I'd love to be fluent in Spanish. I know the basics, but nowhere near fluency.
11. What’s your favorite quote?
A serious one: "You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." - C.S. Lewis, and now for a funny one: "They weren't big on happy endings in the Dark Ages. Plague will do that." I don't remember where I got that one though.
12. Who do you want to meet right now?
A maid who's free of charge, haha.
13. What is your favorite color?
A greyish blue. Hex color: liz eyes #325C74
14. What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own closet?
Nothing really fits well now that I'm post-baby but pre-lost all the weight. I'm digging the Old Navy jeans that I'm borrowing from my older sister.
15. What is your dream job?
Stay-at-Home-Mom, most definitely. And I'm doing it! I was so afraid that I would have to work, but we were blessed with a fabulous job for J. Money's still a bit tight, birthing a baby at a hospital is expensive!), but it's for the best. If I was ever to go back to work, maybe when Monkey's older, I have NO CLUE what I would want to do.
16. What’s your favorite magazine?
I'm addicted to magazines. No idea why. I love Redbook, Marie Claire, US Weekly, People, Entertainment Weekly, etc.
17. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
I'd probably put it in savings. Or Monkey's savings. Although, maybe I'd buy something to put on our walls. They're rather bare.
18. What do you consider a fashion faux pas?
Things that I've seen as "trendy" online lately that I abhor: creepers, crop tops, grunge. Leave it in the 90's where it belongs!
19. Who according to you is the most over-rated style icon?
Angelina Jolie. Everything she wears is kinda plain. It looks good because SHE looks good. I think she's been overrated since Lara Croft anyway.
20. What kind of haircut do you prefer?
I wish I could have long, flowy, wavy hair. Unfortunately that's not in the cards for me.
|hair I want|
|hair I have|
21. What are you going to do after this?
Playing with Quinn, emptying the dishwasher, folding laundry. I live a glamorous life.
22. What are your favorite movies?
23. What are three cosmetic/makeup/perfume products that you can't live without?
Eyebrow powder. Word of advice, DON'T pluck your eyebrows as an 11 year old. And DON'T EVER FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD shave them. Hindsight's 20/20, if you couldn't tell.
Mascara, I look dead without it.
Chapstick. I love Nivea in the blue capsule thing.
24. What inspires you ?
Thinking of Monkey in the future. Creative people.
25. Give us three styling tips that always work for you?
1. Have bobby pins on you at all times. Nothing upsets me more than a flyaway.
2. Make sure your jeans fit you correctly. Even your just-running-errands pair. It'll make you feel better.
3. Choose one or two pieces of makeup or jewelry that you love and wear them when none of your clothes fit right and your hair isn't agreeing with you.
26. What do you do when you “have nothing to wear” (even though your closet’s packed)?
I say that I throw on a cute cardigan and scarf, but usually I just throw on yoga pants and a hoodie. I never claimed to be a good example.
27. Coffee or tea?
Both. Except it has to be specific kinds of tea, some tea just tastes too bitter to me. And I have to have cream and sugar in my coffee.
28. What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed?
Sleep, shop, or blog. They don't usually get posted though. Oh, and I watch a LOT of mindless tv.
29. What is the meaning of your name?
Depends on which baby book you're reading. Sabrina either means native Israeli, cactus flower, or from the river Severn. I once read it meant princess and that just overjoyed my little ten-year-old heart.
30. Which other blogs do you love visiting?
I'm kind of addicted to humorous mommy blogs at the moment. I have a list of the ones I follow to the right, if you're super interested.
31. Favorite Dessert/Sweet?
Any. As long as there's no toffee or butterscotch, I'm cool. I'm really digging pie right now. I think that's due to Thanksgiving being just last week.
32. Favorite Season?
Spring and fall. The inbetweeners, not too hot and not too cold.
33. If I come to your house now, what would you cook for me?
Probably some kind of fried chicken with pasta and corn. That's if you'd watch Monkey. If not, you're getting a quick (but yummy) PB&J.
34. What is the right way to avoid people who purposefully hurt you?
Cut them out of your life. Easier said than done, I know. If you can't cut them out of your life, ignore them the best you can and complain to someone who understands.
35. How do you calm yourself down when you are agitated or angry?
Talk to my mom and ask her for Bible verses. She knows more off the top of her head, it's easier than me searching for them.
36.Who is the modern ideal girl: The one who knows how to shop, dress and enjoy, or the one who is simple but manages the house, kids and herself well?
Both, duh. The IDEAL is to be able to do EVERYTHING. And do it awesomely.