Saturday, January 18, 2014

Being Jane

Leanne is awesome and she has something to share with you today!  

---

 This has been an amazing, fun year! I started blogging because I was lonely, honestly. I was in the middle of starting an Etsy business and I got involved with some social media outlets and noticed a lot of people also blogged. The idea of building a community of friends like me got me so excited I couldn't wait to get going! I was very impatient and wanted everything to flourish right away.

     My first blogging name was the name of my business, "Top This by Leanne". That name gained a lot of followers and I had a wonderful time interacting with all of you! I got so sick with my pregnancy in 2013 that I took a break until I could focus on my blog more. When I came back after a couple of months I had decided not to continue my crocheting business because I just didn't have the time. Between school, work, motherhood, wifeyhood, and being a human being, there wasn't time to work on lengthy projects. I could barely write a blog post! I then decided that since my business was no longer, I should change my blog name so that it had a meaning. I went with "Sock Monkey Momma". Initially I adored it and thought it encompassed everything I was and wrote about.

     As time went on I realized it didn't have the class that I wanted to emanate from my blog. It didn't sound versatile enough to last me years and years, and to reach a variety of people like I intended to. Yes, I am a mother, but I hope to be even more than that in my daily life and blog voice.

     Hence, "Being Jane" was born. I think I am happy now! I have a huge passion for Jane Austen novels/films and thoroughly enjoy any book or movie from that time period. I mean, my girls are named Emma Jane and Audrey Elizabeth. Just last week I noticed that their middle names are the two eldest daughters in Pride and Prejudice, and they have their coloring! This was done partially on purpose, but I didn't have any control over their coloring ;)

I hope you'll take a moment to look back on some of my favorite posts from this year!

Now please celebrate with me and enter my "One Year Blogoversary" giveaway below!
   
 I am SO excited to be able to team up with some great bloggy friends and bring the opportunity to win a $50 Starbucks gift card!! I mean, you can NEVER have too much Starbucks. Good luck!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

3 comments:

  1. The blog comment entry confused me. But anyway, I'm leaving a comment :) At the rate I drink Sbucks, $50 would last me like two years. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey breenah! was loving your tweets and found my way over to your blog -- i think i just might like this too! i definitely agree about blogging being a great way to build a community of friends.. bonus that they are all creative :) heading over to check out your etsy shop now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I'm a new follower :) I just love reading blogs that are REAL. So that's what I would love to see. Also I was poking around some of your posts and cracking up to myself about you posting pictures just because you felt like the post needed pics. I always feel like that too.... something about the pictures makes it more fun to read!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. I don't love spam. Or Spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...