Dark Places by Gillian Flynn and The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards. The first is a much quicker read than the second. They're both for the Semi-Charmed Kind of Life Summer 2014 Challenge. I'd probably read Dark Places anyway, I really liked Gone Girl and I think Gillian Flynn is a great author, but I'd have given up on the other one by now.
2. Do you judge a book by its cover? What cover elements make you not want to pick up a book?
Definitely. It's hard to explain how I judge, but it comes down to not being aesthetically pleasing or eye catching for the most part.
|I know it's not an actual book cover, but how cool are these?|
3. Do you participate in any other bookish link-ups? Tell us about them so we can join next time!
Just the SCSBC one. Sometimes random ones (like this one).
4. Have you ever watched a movie that was better than its book version? Explain yourself!
Not that I can think of... Although I haven't read all the book versions of movies I've seen and vice versa.
5. Summer is here! Do you read more often during any particular season?
I don't think so. Maybe more when it's cold and we can't go outside. When it's warmer we can go to the park and swim and Quinn's not quite old enough for me to be able to read while she's playing.
6. What is the worst book you've read this year? Why?
Currently the only contender for this is The Memory Keeper's Daughter.