Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Literary Junkies Link Up

1. What are you currently reading? Tell us about it!
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn and The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards. The first is a much quicker read than the second. They're both for the Semi-Charmed Kind of Life Summer 2014 Challenge. I'd probably read Dark Places anyway, I really liked Gone Girl and I think Gillian Flynn is a great author, but I'd have given up on the other one by now.

2. Do you judge a book by its cover? What cover elements make you not want to pick up a book?
Definitely. It's hard to explain how I judge, but it comes down to not being aesthetically pleasing or eye catching for the most part.

I know it's not an actual book cover, but how cool are these?

3. Do you participate in any other bookish link-ups? Tell us about them so we can join next time!
Just the SCSBC one. Sometimes random ones (like this one).

4. Have you ever watched a movie that was better than its book version? Explain yourself!
Not that I can think of... Although I haven't read all the book versions of movies I've seen and vice versa.

5. Summer is here! Do you read more often during any particular season?
I don't think so. Maybe more when it's cold and we can't go outside. When it's warmer we can go to the park and swim and Quinn's not quite old enough for me to be able to read while she's playing.

6. What is the worst book you've read this year? Why?
Currently the only contender for this is The Memory Keeper's Daughter.


Pink Heels Pink Truck

11 comments:

  1. I was SO close to downloading Dark Places last week.. would you recommend it? My aunt was saying she read it and it was really dark (but then again, so was Gone Girl and I couldn't put it down).. I'm reading Me Before You by Jojo Moyes right now--it started off a little slow but is finally picking up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely read more in the summer! It used to be because I was off for school so we'll see if I still read more!
    PS if you like reading, you should join the summer book swap I'm hosting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVED Dark Places by Gillian Flynn. It was such a fast read, and I can't wait for the movie. I think it's going to be so awesome. I always judge books by their covers.

    I wanted to reach out to you because I love connecting with fellow book lovers! I've created a unique opportunity for people who love books as me called the Summer Book Swap. It's a fun way to connect with bookworms and discover new books. To join in on the fun, visit my post! -- http://www.endlessblissblog.com/2014/05/summerbookswap.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Memory Keepers Daughter wasn't my favorite either. I haven't read the other one you mentioned. Right now I'm reading Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed the Memory keepers Daughter and think it's worth persevering with. I read Dark Places a couple of books ago, Gillian Flynn has a crazy mind I don't how she writes these books but they are very very good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed the Memory keepers Daughter and think it's worth persevering with. I read Dark Places a couple of books ago, Gillian Flynn has a crazy mind I don't how she writes these books but they are very very good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how she thanks her husband for dealing with her crazy mind. I'll finish Memory Keeper's Daughter, but man it's slow going!

      Delete
  7. I am very nerdy when it comes to books so this link up made me happy! Let's see... I'm currently reading Treasuring Christ When Your Hands are Full and Wildwood, definitely judge a book by its cover at least a little bit, don't really do any link-ups, much preferred the movie version of The Time Traveler's Wife, read a little more in the winter since I'm outside more in the summer, and thankfully have managed to like every book I've read so far this year! =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed Time Traveler's Wife the movie a little bit more than the book, if I remember correctly. It's been a while since I've seen the movie though.

      Delete
  8. I always judge books by their covers. If I don't like the cover then I probably won't look at it closer in the store.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed Gone Girl after I could get into it. I've thought about picking up Dark Places. We shall see. ;) Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. I don't love spam. Or Spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...