Sunday, June 15, 2014

We Went to the Zoo

I organized a bunch of pictures yesterday and realized I had some that I could make a post out of AND link up with Deanna. Wah-bam!

My parents had been talking about taking their grandkids (Quinn, Cousin C, and Cousin L (they're siblings)) to the zoo for a while. Of course the adult kids were thinking "Um, me too!" so FINALLY we all went. By we "all" I mean there were twelve of us. My family, my sister's family, parents, two of our younger siblings, and my baby brother's girlfriend. That was WEIRD. He's still 10 in my mind, not 17.


We got there a little earlier than everybody else so we fed duckies and fishies (goodness, will I ever call them by their actual names?) and climbed on rocks, as you do.


top: Goodwill (no tag) capris: Rewind shoes: Target sunglasses: Color Me Rad
We had to skip the petting zoo, which Quinn wasn't happy about, but she cheered up pretty quickly once she saw the monkeys. And yes, I know an orangutan isn't a monkey, I was singing this the entire time.


THEN WE GOT TO FEED GIRAFFES. I didn't even know that was a thing we could do. Mom paid for each of the grandkids to do one feeding, but Quinn was throwing the lettuce at the giraffes instead of letting them get it themselves because she was afraid of the tongue, so I got to take over. IT WAS SO COOL.


I had to include a picture of Jarrod. Goober.


Ooh, and look at these!!! The first one is my youngest sister Jessica. Age 10 in the first picture and 15 in the second. Her style has vastly improved, haha!


As has mine, which you can see in this next picture that is FIFTEEN years apart. That Tweety hat was pretty rockin' though. I had included the 1999 picture in a post not too long ago, so I had to recreate it when we went to the zoo. Getting Jessica's with the orangutan was just awesome coincidence.

7 comments:

  1. Good memories and fun times. We'll have to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the ruffles on your shirt! Looks like fun! I don't like the zoo, to many allergies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the ruffles!

    The picture with the orangatang -- your daughter's face is reflected where the orangatang's face is, so it looks like it has a human face. And that's kind of creepy. =)

    Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the perfect outfit for a fun, outdoor day!

    Great photos- I love the giraffe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that giraffe feeding place! The Omaha zoo is one of the best in the country, but they don't let you feed the giraffes, so I always point out that Wichita is winning at one category!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun!! I love your top, Breenah! And Quinn and the orangutang reminded me of the movie "Return to Me" (well, it was a gorilla in the movie but still)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, now I want to find a ridiculous photo of me and recreate it! Because that is awesome. Well done. (And yes your sister's fashion has vastly improved I'd say)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. I don't love spam. Or Spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...